Leiden is ideally located near larger cities such as The Hague and Amsterdam. It is easily accessible through Amsterdam International Airport, wich is just 15 minutes away and Rotterdam Te Hague Airport at 25 minutes travel time. The North Sea coast is just 12 kilometres to the west and Holland's Green Heart area is close by.
Conections to Leiden by train, car and plane are excellent. Amsterdam Schiphol International Airport offers direct flights to over 300 destinations worldwide and is located at just 15 minutes from Leiden by train with six departures per hour on average. Travellers take less time getting to Leiden than to Amsterdam and arrive directly in the city centre, within walking distance of the hotels and congress venues.
Leiden CS railway station is conveniently accessed and you can walk directly into the city centre from there or take one of many high frequency buses to practically any city location.
Leiden is located between the A4 and A44 motorways. Cars can be parked on the city centre's edge at Haagweg. From there, free shuttle buses will take visitors to any location desired and a return trip is just a phone call away.
Leiden's monumental city centre is surrounded and traversed by canals. Almost all hotels and points of interest are at walking distance from each other and can often be reached by boat as well.
At a glance
- Shorter trip from Schiphol International Airport to Leiden than to Amsterdam
- 8x trains an hour from Schiphol International Airport to Leiden
- Leiden Central Station is at a junction of train tracks between Amsterdam (35 minutes), The Hague (15 minutes), Rotterdam (30 minutes) and Utrecht (45 minutes)
- Leiden Central Station is within walking distance from hotels and conference locations
- In the historical city centre, everything is easily accessible on foot or by bike
- Reach Leiden quickly by car using the A4, A44 and N11 motorways
- Unique City Parking plan with free shuttle bus to any desired location in the city centre