Leiden, geographical location
Schiphol International Airport is situated between Leiden and Amsterdam, and you can reach Leiden in approximately 15 minutes by train or in 20 minutes by car. Leiden is located in the west of the Netherlands, between The Hague and Amsterdam.
Leiden Central Station is right in the city centre within walking distance of the big hotels and many conference and event locations. The taxi stand can be found on top of the bicycle parking facility in the centre of Stationsplein. You can also opt to experience the Dutch way of transport: by bike! You can rent bikes in the vicinity of the station.
You can reach Leiden city centre by car using the A4, A44 and N11 motorways. The city centre is a low-traffic zone, but Leiden also has a unique City Parking plan. From a parking location at the edge of the historical city centre, you can reach any desired location using a free shuttle bus service. In summer, you can also be transported to the city centre by water taxi.
At a glance
- Shorter trip from Schiphol International Airport to Leiden than to Amsterdam
- 8x trains an hour from Schiphol International Airport to Leiden
- Leiden Central Station is at a junction of train tracks between Amsterdam (35 minutes), The Hague (15 minutes), Rotterdam (30 minutes) and Utrecht (45 minutes)
- Leiden Central Station is within walking distance from hotels and conference locations
- In the historical city centre, everything is easily accessible on foot or by bike
- Reach Leiden quickly by car using the A4, A44 and N11 motorways
- Unique City Parking plan with free shuttle bus to any desired location in the city centre