Boutique Hotel De Barones van Leyden
Both at 'De Barones van Leyden' and at 'Huys van Leyden', the emphasis is on personal attention, convenience, style and relaxation. The hotels provide optimal service in picking up guests from Leiden CS or Schiphol and taking them back again.
De Barones van Leyden is situated in a canal-side house on Oude Herengracht dating from 1644 and overlooks the tugboat port. The five authentic, luxurious hotel suites are equipped with boxspring beds, shower and toilet with luxury shampoo and shower gel, flatscreen TV, Nespresso coffee and tea facilities, hairdryer, strongbox and minibar.
The suites in De Barones van Leyden are divided over three floors, which are accessible by means of staircases and a lift. There is also a disabled-friendly room.
An extensive and luxurious breakfast buffet including à-la-carte menu is served in the baroque 'Salon' on the ground floor. Sleeping in late is no problem. Guests can stay in their room until 12.00. The breakfast room is also suitable for small-scale meetings or intimate dinners up to 32 people. There is an intimate bar where both drinks and hors d’oeuvres are served.
Guests have the option to make use of the ‘Spa’ in the Huys van Leyden, situated 400 metres away.
'Boutique Hotels van Leyden' offers numerous packages. In addition to lunches, dinners and high teas, they also have their own sloop in which guests can discover Leiden by water, as well as enjoying a complimentary basket filled with delicious treats. The thematic dinners such as the ‘murder mystery dinner' are nice ways to arrange business or private events. During the 'Dutch City Trips' programme, three archetypal Dutch sites are visited in three days: Gouda, Delft and the Kinderdijk windmills.
Huys van Leyden has its own parking lot. There are options for paid car parking right in front of the hotel.
The other hotel, Huys van Leyden, is situated at 400 metres from De Barones van Leyden and provides similar charm and personal attention. Huys van Leyden is situated in a canal-side house on Oude Singel dating from 1611 and overlooks the most beautiful canals of Leiden; it has five authentic hotel rooms.