Leiden, equivalent to Oxford or Cambridge.
Instead of doing the obvious and basing yourself in Amsterdam, stay in Leiden. Home to Holland’s oldest university and full of picturesque canals, gabled buildings and hidden almshouses, the lively and historic town is Holland’s closest equivalent to Oxford and Cambridge. Source: The Daily Telegraph, maart 2013.
Congress city Leiden
Conference city situated at the shortest distance from Schiphol International Airport. Easily accessible by plane, train or car. Rembrandt’s birthplace, city of canals, courtyard communities and city windmills, close to the Bollenstreek flower fields and the North Sea beach. City with the oldest university in the Netherlands, with a strong tradition in leading academic research and discussion. Thirteen museums, harbouring a treasure trove of knowledge. With a centuries-old tradition of welcoming people of varying faiths and beliefs from all corners of the world. With a vibrant city centre where everything is accessible on foot.
A historical city with the latest in conference facilities, extraordinary locations such as a historical church, a museum or the Stadsgehoorzaal with a capacity of up to 1500 participants and the solid experience you need to make your conference or business event a success. Excellent hotels and restaurants in the vicinity.
10 reasons to choose Leiden for your conference
- Internationally renowned research university
- One of the biggest bioscience clusters in Europe
- 15 minutes from Schiphol International Airport
- Fourth cultural city of the Netherlands, 13 museums (including 4 national museums)
- Varied selection of conference locations
- Compact city, almost everything within walking distance
- Amsterdam, The Hague, Rotterdam 10-35 minutes by train
- Historical city centre with canal belt
- Leiden-by-the-sea and Bollenstreek flower fields: 12 km to the North Sea beach and Keukenhof
- Hotels and restaurants in any price bracket
Discover Congress City Leiden